WHAT IS HUMANITARIAN & COMPASSIONATE ?
- how settled the person is in Canada
- general family ties to Canada
- the best interests of any children involved, and
- what could happen to the request is not granted.
Other rules that apply to humanitarian and compassionate grounds:
- H & C grounds can be requested only if applying for permanent resident status in Canada, or for a permanent resident visa abroad. Temporary resident applicants are not eligible to apply under H & C grounds
- Risk factors such as persecution, risk to life, cruel and unusual treatment or punishment are not assessed.
- If there is a pending refugee claim, then an application on H & C grounds cannot me made.
A negative decision from the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) results in a one year bar from applying on H & C grounds. However this bar does not apply if there are Chidlren under 18 who would be adversely affected if removed from Canada or there is proof that a dependant suffers from a life threatening medical condition that cannot be.
Humanitarian and Compassionate applications are one of the toughest to get approved and a well put together package addressing the concerns is of the highest priority. Contact Alexander Immigration Services to discuss your situation and to apply for permanent residence under H & C grounds. We understand your Canadian immigration needs and help you maximize the effectiveness of your application.
HOW IT WORK
An Expert Advisory For Great Value For Visa