Study Permit


Canada welcomes over 200,000 students every year into the country. Studying in Canada is exciting and a rewarding experience for international students. The Canadian education system is based on quality and excellence, which translates to better labour opportunities for the students once they complete their program.

In order to apply for a Study Permit, foreign students must enroll and be accepted into a Canadian educational institution, specifically a Designated Learning Institution (DLI). Upon acceptance into the DLI, a Letter of Acceptance will be issued to the student which will then be used for the Study Permit Application.

Additionally, there are few more requirements to be met like financial proof, health, no criminality, etc.


Students enrolled in a full-time program may work on-campus or off-campus without a work permit. Certain conditions apply, depending on the location of work, and type of program the student is enrolled in.

According to the application, the conjugal category is intended for partners of Canadian sponsors who would ordinarily apply as:

Common-law partners but cannot meet the definition, that is were not able to live together continuously for one year with their sponsor; or

Spouses, but marriage to their sponsor is usually not an available option to them, usually because of marital status or sexual orientation, combined with an immigration barrier (for example, rules preventing partner and sponsor of long stays in one another’s countries).

You may bring your spouse, common-law partner, and dependent children to Canada to be with you while you study. Your spouse or common-law partner will receive an Open Work Permit for the duration of your studies. The open work permit will allow your spouse or partner to work for any employer within Canada.

Spouses/Common-law Partners of International students studying in Canada are eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit which allows them to work for any employer in Canada in any job. The duration of the work permit will be the same as the spouse’s study permit (visa).

Alexander Immigration Services has relationships with various schools, colleges and Universities and we can help find a suitable institute for you to study. We also assist you with the Study Permit application, Work Permit for your spouse and student visa for your children. Email us if your Study Permit application has been refused and if you wish to reapply again. We will do a thorough analysis of your previous application and submit a new and stronger application addressing the concerns raised. Contact Alexander Immigration Services Inc. to fulfill your educational dreams in Canada.


An Expert Advisory For Great Value For Visa





Scroll to top