Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, Canada, Sean Fraser has announced new measures to improve client experience and modernize the immigration system.
Highlights of the announcement are as follows:
- Reduce processing times and return to service standards for various programs including study permits, work permits, PR cards renewals, visitor visa and citizenship
- Hire 500 new processing staff & digitize applications to reduce wait times
- Use advanced data analytics for faster application processing
- Process new family sponsorship and Canadian Experience Class (CEC) applications within service standards
- Introduce family sponsorship permanent residence application tracker in Feb 2022
The Canadian immigration system currently has over 1.8 million applications backlog with some applications in process for over 2 years. This announcement brings hope to all those waiting to hear good news about their application!
#movetocanada #canadaimmigration #sponsorship #ircc #canadavisa #expressentry #cec