Canadian Intra Company Transfer Work Permit

immigration application for parents

Canadian Intra Company Transfer Work Permit

July 25, 2023

The Canada Intra-Company Transfer Work Permit, or Canada ICT Visa, caters to key personnel and owners of multinational corporations being transferred to a related Canadian firm, either an established or a startup.

This transfer method provides several benefits over standard work permits. Besides moving key staff expertise to Canada, the ICT Work Permit process is easier and quicker, requires no labour market impact assessment, and can help facilitate Canadian immigration after a year of work.

To be eligible for this transfer, four main criteria must be met:

  • Foreign nationals/transferees should have at least one year’s full-time employment in a similar position in the foreign company without employment breaks. Only certain positions like executives, senior managers, functional managers, and specialized knowledge workers qualify.
  • The foreign company should be a legal entity, operational for at least one year or longer, with regular, systematic, and continuous provision of goods or services.
  • The Canadian company must be a legal entity either currently or planning to do business.
  • There should be a qualifying relationship between the foreign and Canadian companies, such as parent, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate.

The application process for the ICT Work Permit differs based on the applicant’s nationality. Some can apply at the point of entry, while others must apply online. Various documents are required, including proof of current employment and supporting documents for both companies.

One year after the transfer, the work experience gained can be used to apply for immigration through Express Entry, enhancing the foreign worker’s chances to get an invitation for Permanent Residence.

The initial Intra Company Transfer Work Permit can be issued for up to three years (one year for startups) and can be renewed for additional two years, with a cumulative maximum of seven years for executives and senior managers or five years for specialized knowledge workers.

After reaching their maximum duration, transferees must complete one year of full-time work in the company outside Canada if they wish to apply again for an intra-company transfer to Canada.

Contact for more information

#CanadaICTVisa #IntraCompanyTransfer #WorkPermitCanada #ImmigrationCanada #CanadaVisa #CanadaImmigration #MultinationalTransfers #WorkInCanada #ExpressEntryCanada #PermanentResidenceCanada


Canadian Intra Company Transfer Work Permit

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to top