Canada is replacing it’s Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs pilots with the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot and provide eligible caregivers with a pathway to permanent residence once they’ve acquired two years of Canadian work experience.
Work permits will be issued under the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilots to caregivers who have a job offer in Canada and who meet the following criteria:
- Language tests result showing a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5;
- One year of Canadian post-secondary education or the foreign equivalent;
- Admissible to Canada.
Caregivers with work experience in National Occupational Classification NOC 4411 (excluding foster parents) will be eligible for permanent residence through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot.
Caregivers with work experience in NOC 4412 (excluding housekeepers) will be eligible for permanent residence through the Home Support Worker Pilot.
IRCC has stated that the new pilots will have a 12-month processing standard for work permit applications, and once the work experience requirement is met, a six-month processing standard for applications for permanent residence.
A few major changes that are being made in these new pilots are as follows:
- Employers will no longer need an LMIA before hiring an overseas caregiver;
- Occupation-specific work permits will be issued instead of employer-specific work permits, which will allow caregivers to change employers within Canada;
- Caregiver’s spouses will be eligible for open work permits and children for study permits.
There is a cap on the total principal applicants that this pilot will accept every year. The cap has been set to 2750 principal applicants for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot & another 2750 principal applicants for the Home Support Worker pilot every year.
Please contact +16477733673 or email email@example.com for further assistance and to apply under these new pilots.
2 thoughts on “New Home Child Care Provider & Home Support Worker Pilot”
I am interested to immigrate to canada. Please guide.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assitance.